DevOps Engineer (AWS/Terraform/Ruby)
Livestorm is the all-in-one video communication platform for companies looking to implement a powerful video communication strategy.
Founded in 2016, Livestorm enables companies to promote, host and analyze their online events. We’re building the future of unified video communication: an all-in-one video communication platform that connects to your tools and lives in your browser.
Livestorm has been built with ease-of-use in mind. We serve companies of all sizes, from startups to Fortune500. Shopify, Honda, Oracle, Spendesk, Front, Sephora or Revolut trust Livestorm to organize their meetings, webinars or online events.
Here are our core values:
Resourcefulness: We go that extra mile in the most efficient way.
Curiosity: We have interest in whatever is happening with the other teams.
Humility: We strive to remove the ego from the equation to gain perspective.
Ownership: We go from a-z and to put things in motion, own our wins and fails.
Transparency: We share the good and the bad alike.
As part of the tech team, you will join a team of experts working on building the best product possible using the latest technologies and without compromise on the code legacy.
While Livestorm has headquarters in Paris, we are a remote-first company. As a matter of fact, members of our team are located between France, Spain, USA, Germany, Greece..., so we are looking for the best talent, no matter where you live.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Developing scaling infra for 0-downtime infrastructure, we aim to keep a 99.99% uptime while dealing with an exponential activity growth
- Improving our deployment and integration pipeline, to improve quality and velocity
- Building better development environment for the team
- Improving our monitoring and security process
- Helping Product and Tech Team to develop new feature, DevOps related
- Infrastructure: AWS (ALB/ECS/RDS/EC/S3), managed by Terraform Enterprise
- CI/CD: CircleCI & Github Action & CodeBuild
- Server software: Docker / Puma / Passenger / Node.JS
- Framework: Ruby on Rails (back-end) & Apollo Server (back-end) & Vue.js (front-end) & Sidekiq (workers)
- Others tools: Redash (SQL queries), Sentry (error catcher)
More on Stackshare 👉 https://stackshare.io/livestorm
DevOps mental: Keep it simple, and do not over-engineer.
For this DevOps Engineer role, we are looking for someone with the following experience:
- You have 3+ years of XP in DevOps.
- You're an expert in the AWS ecosystem (RDS, ECS, S3, etc.).
- You worked with Terraform and Docker.
- Experience in software development
- You're familiar with Linux server distributions.
- You are autonomous and own your topics.
- You have an eye for details and you're very rigorous.
- You can take a step back to identify bottlenecks in a infrastructure and fix them.
- You have experience in taking strategic decisions to scale an infrastructure.
- Experience in security operations is a great plus
Moreover, we are looking for someone who can work in the Paris timezone (we accept a jet-lag of 2 hours maximum).
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. But we'll let you in on a secret: there's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate. So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day.
🥙 Eat well: You get a monthly stipend of restaurant tickets for the amount of 9€ per workday (Swile, ex Lunchr) covered at 50%, or the equivalent for non-France residents. Hot and cold drinks, fruits and snacks are available in our Paris office.
- 🌍 Have flexibility: We offer flexible working hours, and stipends for coworking spaces and home-office materials.
- 🚲 Be reimbursed for transportation: Personal transportation costs can be reimbursed up to 400€ per year with the "Forfait mobilité durable". Costs to come to the office are paid according to a package.
- 🎉 Spend time together for special events: We host monthly after-works, activities on and off site, and team off-sites twice a year. We have team meetups at the office once a quarter.
🏃♂️ Enjoy leisure activities thanks to our CSE: Sports or cultural activities are covered, and preferential rates are available via Leeto.
- And of course, all the essentials: 💊 Quality health insurance (Alan Green ou Blue), and Provident (Alan), 🚂 50% of the transport subscription is paid by Livestorm, and everything necessary for your daily life (goodies, supplies, resources...) is provided.